Thursday, February 20, 2014

Screw the Carnival - I'm going home

I don't know if I've ever told you this, but I really hate Carnival and all these creepy bullshit where you have to dress up like a bunny or a superhero or Obama or a sexy nurse and dance to all these oh-god-take-me-now carnival music, having some kind of fun. If you'd put me in a "fun" environment like this, I'd probably make an attempt to maybe move my lips simulating a smile, only after having taken care of about 10 tequila shots. By now, you must have realized how much of an easy-going person I am. 

However, there are two things I adore about this period, every year: food and springish weather. I can't tell you much about food (hint: Fat Thursday), but I can tell you that this weather really softens me and one reason for that is the music it makes me wanna listen to.


Ok, maybe I'm a bit cliché for choosing reggae with the first rays of warm sun, but this track is not just a reggae track. It's a reggae track that comes from this, which has also given this to the world. I mean, all these together could even make me wear a princess costume -that's why they're never included in the same playlist.

The funniest part is that I discovered the reggae version not from a fancy compilation or a groovy album, but from the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas video game my niece and nephew were playing. And I loved these two little bastards for this even more.

tracks' info:
-Black Harmony - Don't let it go to your head
Laser Records 1979

-Jean Carne - Don't let it go to your head
Happy to be with you
Philadelphia International Records 1978

-Brand New Heavies - Don't let it go to your head
The Brand New Heavies
FFRR 1992


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...