Friday, July 26, 2013

Cross your (basic) fingers

There’s probably little chance that you ‘re into nu-disco and disco-house music and you haven’t heard something from Basic Fingers, but just to be sure I decided to list my top 5 (+1) from a label that I believe was one of my favorites the whole past year and definitely worths your attention.

Funny thing is that while I was searching through the label’s soundcloud the other day, I found 2-3 really loved tracks that sent me dozens of times to dangerously raise the volume button, that I didn't even know they were released from Basic Fingers. Talkin' 'bout true love. Seriously.

Ok, let's start diggin'.

ChangED - Jamaican girl: Inspired by the homonymous track by Love Unlimited Orchestra, this one comes from the swedish producer, Ed Ayers. I love the transitions, I love the clapping, I love the vocals and I wanna be a jamaican girl when I grow up.

Kon & the gang - Get it together: Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.

Meli'sa Morgan - Fool's Paradise (Koko Re-Edit): Recently added to my list, but loved equally - if not more. Check out the original track here.

Gredits - Sister peak: If I begin to describe the feeling I get from this track, I 'll probably get a stroke and I wouldn't want that right before vacation.

Sir Own - Hooked (Kon’s Nite Time Remix): A soothing take on Cerrone's "Hooked on you". Ain't it perfect?

Jazzy Jens - I want you: Looks like Jens Helge (Jazzy Jens) made it easier for you to say I want you to someone.

Well, I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed for this label.

tracks' info (all released by Basic Fingers):
-ChangED- Jamaican girl
2011

-Kon & the gang - Get it together
2012

-Meli'sa Morgan - Fool's paradise (Koko Re-Edit)
2013

-Gredits - Sister peak
2012

-Sir Own - Hooked (Kon's Nite Time Remix)
2012

-Jazzy Jens - I want you
 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...